Me and 4 others worked together on a university project to create this board game, all the way from conception, through iteration with internal and external testing, right the way to completion.
Wildfire is a co-operative board game about handling unpredictable wildfires. Players need to work together to defend their buildings and put out the fire.
You can either play as a Constructor or a Firefighter (there must be an equal number of each).
- Constructors create Builders that build buildings and water pipes.
- Firefighters use water and units to fight fire. Each player has their own units and resources to use and manage during the game.
The game revolves around fire pieces that spread throughout the map, starting in the centre of the board. Take it in turns to move and use your units before the fire spreads each turn. After the first fire station is built you then also have to deal with event cards every round.
How to play online:
Follow the instruction booklet above as normal, but with these slight tweaks to accommodate for online play:
1. Don't change player positions when you join the game. Whatever role you are given (depending on what pieces are available to you) is what you will be playing as.
2. Use water tokens to visually show how much water your fire truck has next to the board, stacking them or lining them out as your see fit.
3. Simply place wood and metal tokens in separate areas next to the board for each Constructor player.
4. Some icons may be different for some of the board pieces. Please match up names of the pieces with the instructor booklet even if they don't look the same.
5. Please follow the instruction booklet's card descriptions and match the names of the pieces even if they don't look the same.